Made with a double layer of soft organic merino wool maglina, disana panties are totally natural, very breathable and hold the wet very well. Ideal on ciripà, fitted, muslin closed with a snappi…
They are also cheap, comfortable and respect the environment. A lot of attention should only be paid to care and washing to maintain their performance.
They are great for the night above any dense, foldable or ciripà diaper and, thanks to the absence of chemicals in the tissues and high breathability, they are suitable for children with sensitive skin.
Being made with a natural material, these covers can be used in all seasons: wool is breathable in summer and warm in winter. The temperature of the seat skin, covered with a woolpannoline cover, remains constant at about 35°C.
Untreated wool like the one used in Disana panties, in addition to being very soft, is naturally antibacterial. Thanks to the natural self-cleaning function of wool fibers, the underpants remain hygienically clean. For this reason, if the panties cover the pannolino are only a little damp, simply let them dry in the open air.
Wool lecovers have no kind of closure (they are like pull-up panties) and do not have any elastic around the waist and thighs but it is the mesh band (in the thigh and waist) that keep them still and avoid leaks – and to keep the baby’s belly pleasantly warm!
The importance of lanolin
The ability of wool to absorb and retain moisture up to 30-40% of its weight without giving the feeling of wet externally, is due to the presence of lanolin in the fabric. Simply put, it’s lanolin that makes wool panties waterproof. When it runs out with use or after washing, panties lose their waterproofness. It then becomes essential to restore its contents in the fabric of panties through a lanolin treatment
According to Disana their panties dress according to the months of the baby but I recommend making your purchase according to the weight ranges proposed below. I recommend moving on to the next size if your baby is at the limit of weight because after the first wash and treatment these panties tend to feel a little.
Size 62-68 (3-6months) 2.7-6kg
Size 74-80 (6-12months) 5-8kg
Size 86-92 (12-24months) 7.7-12kg
Size 98-104 (2-3years) 9.5-16kg
Woolpants should not be washed at every change but dried in the open air for 8-10 hours.
Washing should be done, more or less, once a month and when:
- they are dirty with feces (if the stain is circumscribed, they can be partially washed with soap);
- remains an unpleasant smell after drying;
- they no longer hold the wet.
These panties should be treated with particular care to prevent them from felting. Attention should be paid to:
- use a gentle ecological detergent for wool that does not degrease too much.
- wash by hand at 30 degrees maximum. It is important to maintain the same water temperature in both washing and rinsing;
- do not leave them soaking for too long;
- rinse well but do not squeeze or rub.
Instructions for hand washing:
- In a basin or sink, pour a small amount of dietersive for wool
- Add warm water (20-25 degrees C) and dissolve the shampoo.
- Soak your panties and wash it quickly without rubbing it
- Rinse immediately with warm water.
- Lay wet panties in another container waiting for lanolin treatment, necessary to restore the waterproofness of the panties.
Education for lanolin treatment:
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons of the Disana Lanolin Treatment in a liter of warm water (20-25 degrees C).
- Soak your panties in wool and wash gently.
- Leave briefly soaking.
- Remove from water. To remove excess water and lanolin, spread the wet panties over two towels, roll them up and compress slightly.
- Unroll and restore the original shape to the panties.
- Spread in the air and always in the shade (at home or outside depending on the season) horizontally. DO NOT LAY THEM UNDER THE SUN OR ABOVE THE RADIATOR.